Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wet, Wild and Wonderful



Everyone knows that taking little children out in public can end up being an embarrassing experience. Who would've guessed, then, that my sister-in-law and hubby would be the ones to cause a stir at the restaurant on Sunday afternoon? Technically, I suppose, the children could still be blamed for the mishaps since they were sitting right there, but I digress. First, Becki tumped over a nearly full glass of ice water on the table where the 14 of us sat at a cozy corner in Applebee's. We all sacrificed our napkins to soak up the spill. Then, before the waitress even returned with a towel and more napkins, my husband also spilled a glass of ice water...and this one soaked me and Levi to the skin! How thrilling to be comforting a sour, sopping 3-year old while wearing a wet skirt yourself. Oh well. The apple walnut chicken salad (sans walnuts!) was superb and I got to enjoy some adult conversation with Heather while contrite hubby and auntie took care of the kiddos!

No comments: