This summer, with a new baby and all, we never made it anywhere for vacation. So we've been trying to do special things around here, one day at a time. Yesterday we toured the NASA Glenn Visitor Center. I'm glad it occurred to me to visit there because as I was researching our trip I found out it is slated to close at the end of the year. We thought Levi would love seeing the rockets and all things astronomical but it turns out he's an even bigger fraidy cat than we thought. He was even scared during the astronaut movie which he was only able to watch securely anchored to daddy's lap. We wondered around the exhibits for about an hour, viewed the 20-minute movie and then bought freeze-dried ice cream as a treat. After that we ate our picnic lunch in a pavilion at the Metroparks during a light rain.
Last weekend we visited the Lake Erie Nature & Science Center in nearby Bay Village. A great day weatherwise, the boys thoroughly enjoyed inspecting the outdoor grounds and meeting the animals inside. We even played in Critter Corner for a while. We wanted to view the planetarium show but Ian wasn't old enough to go so we'll save that for another time. The science center offers educational programs throughout the year which I'd like to take advantage of. They even hold a pre-school that I was considering for Levi but the $15 per hour rate is a bit hefty for us.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment